Day-workshop Birds of Prey Photography
Photograph beautiful birds and improve your wildlife photography skills.
Have you always wanted to create beautiful bird of prey images? Here's a unique chance to photograph them up close, in flight, or on their prey. This workshop is guaranteed to offer you great opportunities for stunning images of falcons, owls, hawks, and other birds of prey.
We start the day with a short introduction of the birds themselves by a professional bird handler. You will learn about their habits and the do's and don'ts while photographing these magnificent animals. This is followed by a short session with tips and tricks on how to set-up your camera and make the most of your images during this workshop.
After that, it's time for our first session with the birds, shooting portraits until lunch time. During lunch (provided), there is a chance to have your images reviewed and discussed, as well as getting tips on how to improve those images during the afternoon shoot or post-processing.
In the afternoon, there is a chance to improve on the portraits that were made in the morning. The highlight of the afternoon will be photographing birds in flight and on their prey, providing lots of opportunities for unique shots. We will end the day with another chance to have your image reviewed as well as some closing drinks.
To make sure that every participant has ample opportunity to get great shots, the groups size will be kept to no more than 12 people. You will return home with an unforgettable experience and heaps of great images!
- Start: 10:00
- Introductory presentations
- Morning shooting session
- Lunch (provided)
- Afternoon shooting session
- Closing drinks
- End: ±18:00
Participant images and feedback
Read what our participants thought about this workshop and view some of their images on our Birds of Prey workshop forum.
- How to best set-up your camera for shooting wildlife
- Photograping wildlife in action
- Post processing
What to Bring
- Standard (zoom) lens
- Tele and/or super tele (zoom) lens
- Fully charged battery + spares
- Memory cards
- Additional lenses (e.g., a macro lens)
- Tele converters
- Sunday 9 April 2017 New
- Sunday 8 October 2017 New
Developed and executed together with Topvogel.
- Location: Topvogel, Watermolenweg 6, Diessen (NL)
- Fee: €134
- Deposit: €50
- Level: Beginner to Advanced
- Group Size: 5 – 12 participants
- Fitness: n/a
- Coffee/tea, lunch, and closing drinks
- Electronic copy of the workshop presentation
- Ample opportunities to photograph beautiful birds
- Bird handling and information by professional bird handler Carel van Oirschot
- Direct learning from a professional photographer and instructor in an intensive hands-on environment
- Reduced size class for personal attention, regardless of skill level