Essential Image Processing Techniques
Learn essential digital workflow, colour management, and post processing techniques to improve your images using your favourite software.
Most image processing workshops teach you to use a tool without a specific focus, here you learn the essential image processing techniques for you as a photographer.
Taking an image and making the most out of the situation at the time of capture is one step. By using proper post processing techniques, not only will you make a good image even better, you'll also be able to improve those images that, at time of capture, weren't optimal. The Essential Image Processing Techniques workshop will teach you basic techniques and recipes to quickly improve your images, using either Capture NX2, Adobe Camera Raw/Lightroom, and/or Photoshop (Elements).
Most techniques can be applied in either of these software packages, only the more complex will require the full power of Photoshop (Elements). During the workshop you will apply the techniques on your own images, using your own software. This will enhance your learning experience as the feedback and help you receive pertain to your images. So be sure to bring a range of sample images (both good and bad) you'd like to improve with you!
From a short primer on getting the most out of your camera, colour and colour management, and digital workflow basics, we take you down the path of enhancing your images. We start by showing you the basic raw adjustments and solutions to some generic problems. We conclude by teaching you more specific “recipes” for improving your portrait, landscape, and wildlife pictures.
The workshop is meant to be thoroughly interactive and for you so please feel free to ask any question you may have on post processing during the workshop!
You can book this workshop either as a private session (for up to two people) — with customised content and duration — or as a full day workshop with below program. For the full day workshop, we need a minimum of 3 or 4 participants (depending on the location).
Program Summary (day workshop)
- Start: 09:00
- Morning session
- Lunch Break
- Afternoon session
- End: ±18:00
- How to capture the optimal image in-camera
- Colour and colour Management
- Digital workflow
- Optimising the raw image
- Solutions to common problems
- Recipes for different types of images
- Applying these techniques in Capture NX2, Adobe Camera Raw/Lightroom, and/or Photoshop (Elements)
What to Bring
- Laptop with image processing software installed: Capture NX2, Lightroom, and/or Photoshop (Elements)
- Selection of your own (raw) images (both good and bad) to work on
- Additional post processing questions/problems you might have
- Upon request
- Private Session: €35/hour + €0,45/km for travel cost/time. For durations of 4 hours and up, discounted pricing applies.
- Day Workshop: €125 per person (€50 deposit)
- Level: Beginner to Advanced
- Private session: 1 or 2 participants
- Day workshop: 3 – 12 participants
- Fitness: n/a
- Electronic copy of the workshop presentation
- Direct learning from a professional photographer and instructor in an intensive hands-on environment
- Reduced size class for personal attention, regardless of skill level